MOVING PICTURES: PHASE I & PHASE II
This project responds to the urgent need for programming that does not require people to gather in enclosed spaces. In partnership with the Organization for Saskatchewan Arts Councils, The Art Gallery of Regina has located its project in public spaces throughout the province; anyone with a cellphone can screen the videos by viewing a poster through their smartphone. Artworks placed in locations casually traversed by the public daily expand options for experiencing contemporary art and removing many physical, social and economic barriers, both real and perceived, that exclude members of our community from galleries.
MORE INFORMATION ABOUT THE ART GALLERY OF REGINA'S MOVING PICTURES : https://www.artgalleryofregina.ca/online-gallery
PHASE I PROGRAM:
1) Graeme Patterson, Lafleche vs Woodrow 1972, SD video, 2007, 4:08 minutes
2) Dennis Jackson, Journey Through Fear, SD video, 1989, 5:56 minutes
3) Theo Pelmus, Adam and Eve Salteaux, Digital video, 2014, 2:57 minutes, distributed by the Video Pool Media Arts Centre
4) Heidi Phillips & Ian Campbell, The Wild, found 35mm film and digital video, 2020, 1:16 minutes
5) Lindsay Arnold, The Messenger, HD video, 2020, 1:26 minutes
Moving Pictures is a program of short video artworks that paint a complex portrait of Saskatchewan, its land and its people and their languages and their experiences.