We are currently looking for new board members!
VUCAVU.com is a unique and multifaceted bilingual streaming platform that works with independent film and video distributors and content partners from across Canada to improve access to media artwork and to provide greater national and international awareness of filmmakers, video artists and culture. We currently host a shared collection of 6,200+ film and video titles spanning 50+ years of moving image art.
Our non profit platform was founded and, until recently, the board has been run by eight independent media art distributors from across Canada; known as the Coalition for Independent Media Arts Distributors (CCIMAD). As the site has expanded and changed, CCIMAD has opened up the governance to include artists, educators, and art professionals working in media art. We want to expand and include more community voices to our board.
To ensure the members of the board represent a variety of perspectives in media and the arts, we are specifically hoping to find board members who fall into one of the following:
- Live / work in the North or Western Canada
- Work as an educator in media art
- Have experience with digital strategies in the arts sector
- If you do not identify with one of the above but are still interested in being on the board please reach out.
What you can expect as a board member:
- To attend board meetings once every two months
- To join advisory committees of the organization
- To help guide the governance of the organization, by caring for financial oversight, human resources and general guidance for the future of the organization
- Work the Managing Director on all of the above
TO PROPOSE YOURSELF AS A CANDIDATE:
Please send an email letting us know you are interested to email@example.com and please include your bio.
We look forward to hearing from you!